4. Real time monitoring
How can we collect real-time data from the field?
- Real-Time Inventory - Relief supplies (RFID/NFC helps coordinate and disseminate supplies). However, the system is expensive, so we approach the patient's side.
- Real-Time health monitoring: The patient get an RFID wristband and reader for mobile / NFC wristband and mobile application / easy survey app. and barcode based data system.
Why is it good? The patient receives an ID so that all steps can be monitored. The numbers of used bandages, medicines, etc is indicate the number of stocks in the hospital.
When you fill the survey you want to know, when and where did he/she released the first symptoms. From this data, we can determine the spreading speed and direction of the epidemic disease.
The survey app use XLSform, so it is easy use in an "open source environment" for example:
- 1. Smartphone + data: OpenDataKit + KoBoToolbox
- 2. Smartphone + no data: SMSmart
- 3. Not smartphone + no data: send answers by SMS (answers comma in it)